CIMPA Research School — Rencontres du Vietnam
Noncommutative Geometry and Applications to Quantum Physics
July 12th – 22nd, 2017, Quy Nhon, Vietnam
Noncommutative Geometry (NCG) is a vivid research subject in Mathematics and Physics. The main goal of this school is to train local researchers and students in these topics and to establish strong research collaborations with colleagues, students and researchers. Leading experts in NCG will give an overview of the main well-established results, the essential tools, and some of the present active research activities:
- Connes-Chern Character Theorem
- Noncommutative Integration Theory (Dixmier Traces, Singular Traces…)
- Unbounded \(KK\)-theory and Kasparov Product
- Dynamical Systems and KMS States
- Quantum Groups
- Fuzzy Spaces
- Noncommutative Standard Model of Particle Physics
- Application to the QHE…
The poster of the school can be obtained on the download zone.
* The International Centre for Pure and Applied Mathematics (CIMPA) is a non-profit international organization established in Nice (France) in 1978. Its aim is to promote international cooperation in higher education and research in mathematics and related subjects, particularly computer science, for the benefit of developing countries.
** The International Centre for Interdisciplinary Science Education (ICISE) is located in a pleasant place at the seaside of the city of Quy Nhon (Central Vietnam) where conferences to the international standard can be organized. It contributes to the development of research and education in Vietnam and in this region of Asia. With this motivation in mind, Asian scientists are encouraged to meet for events (conferences, schools and workshops) and to share knowledge / expertise with their foreign counterparts.
*** Since 1993, the institution “Rencontres du Vietnam”, which is an official partner of UNESCO, has organized international meetings (conferences and schools) to high scientific level with the motivation of foster exchanges between Vietnamese researchers or from Asia-Pacific and their colleagues coming from other parts of the world (Program 2015).
- The opening session is scheduled to take place on Thursday, July 13th;
- the school will end on Saturday, July 22nd.
- Lectures hours are 8:30 - 12:00 and 13:30 - 17:00.
- Lectures will be held in the ICISE conference Center.